I hear so many folks complain bitterly of being siphoned a huge sum of money for Facebook ads campaign. Others pay different fees to some gullible individuals to learn how to advertise their business on Facebook.
But, why waste money paying people to help you advertise on Facebook when you can Do It Yourself (DIY)? – This is as a result of lack of proper information on how to run a Facebook ad successfully.
Frankly speaking, the difficulty about running a successful Facebook advertisement lies on the advertisers knowledge on the Facebook Ad policy and the Facebook business manager.
Facebook ads campaign is just one out of many Ways To Promote Your Business Online.
In this post, i will explain in steps, how you can create your Facebook ads campaign and advertise your business.
On the other hand, most people will be wondering why Facebook advertisement is important at the first place. Actually, if Facebook ads are not worth it, you will not be hearing every Dick ad Harry mentioning it.
Advantages of Facebook advertising
There are numerous advantages of advertising your business using the Facebook ads campaign. But, i will be brief to mention just few reasons why you are to consider Facebook as an option for your online marketing.
- Large Audience: Facebook serves as many as 2.6 billion users monthly. This is an opportunity to let your business be known by people from all walks of life – if its your goal. In addition, the average time spent on Facebook is 58 minutes. But, to some of us, it is in hours. As a result, Facebook is one of the leading platforms to Promote businesses online.
- Advertisement by induction: In case you have noticed, when you start a Facebook ads campaign, it does not only reflect on Facebook but to other related social networks such as Instagram and Messenger. All you need is to link the accounts before starting the advertisement campaign.
- Facebook ads is cost effective: This advertising platform is one of the cheapest online advertising platform in terms of Cost Per Click. This simply means that, even if you are using Facebook ads to drive traffic to your website, you will always get extra folds of your expense.
- Transparency: Facebook advertising is very transparent. This means that the Facebook advertiser has the right to see the CPC, the engagements, measure the relevance scores, see the number of clicks and every data with regards to how the campaign is charged.
- Flexibility: Facebook ads can allow you to configure your advertisement the way you will want it to be displayed to your potential customers. In other words, there are many types of Facebook ad which includes; Videos, Images, Carousel etc..
- Well targeted: Facebook ads gives the advertiser the opportunity to choose the type of audience to target. This includes a particular age range, location, and gender. Hence, it will allow you to deliver your advertisement to the class of people that you want to target.
Facebook advertising policies
The reason why some advertisements are either unsuccessful or run poorly is because it violates the Facebook advertising policies. These policies are like a guide to the permitted type of advertisement that is allowed to protect the interest of her users.
I will advice you to read the Facebook advertisement policies before trying to start an Ad campaign. This will help give you an insight on how to organize your ad to meet the Facebook and Instagram standard.
In addition, not following the Facebook ad policies can either make your advertisement be disapproved or Facebook may decide to ban your website URL from the platform.
Some reasons Facebook Disapprove ads
You may construct a wonderful ad that end up being disapproved. All you need to do is to revisit the Facebook ad policy and then make some adjustments. Below are some of the reasons;
- Doesn’t meet the Community Standards
- Illegal Products or Services
- Discriminatory Practices
- Tobacco and Related Products
- Drugs & Drug-Related Products
- Unsafe Supplements
- Weapons, Ammunition, or Explosives
- Adult Content, Products or Services
- Third-Party Infringement
- Controversial Content
- Non-Functional Landing Page
- Cheating and Deceitful Practices
- Sale of Body Parts
- Grammar & Profanity
- Nonexistent Functionality
- Personal Health
- Payday Loans, Paycheck Advances, and Bail Bonds
- Multilevel Marketing
- Penny Auctions
- Misleading Claims
- Low Quality or Disruptive Content
- Spyware or Malware
- Automatic Animation
- Unacceptable Business Practices
- Circumventing Systems
- Prohibited Financial Products and Services
However, visit the Facebook Ad policy to see the requirements for Restricted Content, Video Ads, Targeting, Positioning, Text in Ad Images and Lead Ads.
How to advertise on Facebook
There are 2 major ways you can advertise your products on Facebook. Notwithstanding, the method of choice will depend on the business aims and objectives.
The two ways are;
- Boosting a post from your business page.
- Creating an Ad campaign from a business manager
Difference between a boosted post and Facebook Ads
Most people confuse Facebook post boosting with Facebook Ads campaign due to the misconception of what they actually are.
However, the two are different methods of advertisement on Facebook, but, each has it unique characteristics. If your interest is just to create a brand awareness through Facebook shares and likes; then try running advertisement from your business page.
On the contrary, Facebook ads from business manager is a more complex way of advertising that gives you option of so many ways to reach out to your target audience.
How to set up a Facebook ads campaign
Setting up a Facebook ad account is simple and straightforward, You don not need to be an expert to run a successful ad campaign.
Before you can start running your first ad, you will need to set up a Facebook fan page. This page will represent your business, the name, the picture, cover page and description all have to tell the services you offer.
Step 1: Create an ad manager account
To start the Facebook ads campaign, you will need to navigate to Ad manager from your Facebook page or visit Business.facebook.com Then click on options and select Ads Manager
Then, you will need to fill a form about your business details.
After that is the setting of the timezone and the currency of your country. Also, You will be required to select authorities and admins that will have access to the Ad manager account.
Step 2: Choose an Advertising Objective
To start a new ad campaign, you must an objective or goal you will want to achieve with the advertising. For example, if your aim is to drive a traffic to a website or content, you will choose traffic and click continue.
Step 3: Name the Ad
The next thing is to give the ad a name. Then, you choose where you want to drive the traffic which can be a website, App, messenger or Whatsapp.
Step 4: Choose Budget and Schedule
In this section, all you need is to choose how much you will want to budget for the Facebook ad campaign and the number of days you want it to run. However, know that the amount you budget determines the number of clicks you get pay day.
Therefore, you can always get an idea of the number of clicks per day by looking at the right lower corner of the screen.
Step 5: Choose Audience
Business manager is good because of the opportunity to target your choice of audience. As a matter of fact, the narrower the audience, the better and the cheaper Cost Per Click.
The demographics to target are gender, age range and location.
It is important to look at the meter at the right side of the screen to see how specific your ad is.
Step 6: Choose Placement
Placement is where you want the ad to be showing. You can leave it at automatic if you want it to appear on Facebook, Instagram, messenger and audience network. If not, you can manually set it to the places you want the Facebook ads to be showing.
Step 7: Choose the Ads Format
This is the stage to choose the Facebook fan page to continue with the way the ad will appear. There are different formats to choose from which includes; single image, as carousel or as a collection.
Step 8: Ad creative
This stage is setting of the way the Facebook ads will look. It includes adding the media, the primary text, website and the type of call to action.
Facebook Business suite features
Setting a wonderful ad is the dream of every business. You will need to take your business to another level through Facebook advertising because of the so many benefits of this mode of advertisement.
Another interesting tool that will help you track and manage the outcomes of your Facebook ads is the Facebook Business suite. This tool allows you to manage all your connected Facebook and Instagram accounts in one place. This means that you can actually utilize the opportunity of reaching more potential customers from both platforms and manage your interactions with them just in one place.
In addition, Facebook business suite offers variety of tools that will help your business advertisement goals a reality for free.
- View your business at a glance: From your home screen, you can see an overview of your Facebook Page and Instagram account. You’ll see updates, recent posts and ads, and insights. You can also create a post or promote your business from here.
- View Activity: You’ll see new notifications for your Facebook Page and Instagram account.
- Use Inbox: You can read new messages and comments from your Facebook Page, Messenger and Instagram accounts. You can also create Automated Responses to help save time when responding to questions people commonly ask.
- Create Posts: You can publish or schedule new posts for your Facebook Page and Instagram account.
- Access Commerce Manager: If your business account has a Commerce Account, you’ll be able to access it from Business Suite desktop. You can also create a new Commerce Account for your business if you don’t have one.
- Create Ads: You can create new ads, Boost Posts, and promote your Page. You’ll also see the metrics for ads you create. For more details about your campaigns and ad sets, Read the post again on how to create Facebook ads. campaign.
- View Insights: You can see details about your business’s performance, such as trends, activity on the content you share and more information about your audience.
- Access More Tools: On Business Suite desktop, you’ll find other Facebook tools and settings you might use to manage your business presence in the More Tools section. This includes other tools, such as Ads Manager, Business Settings and Page Settings.
If you find this post useful, subscribe to our blog for more posts about running both online and offline business.